Monday, April 19, 2010

"Keepin it Fresh" with a Countdown to Summer Challenge

I cannot believe it has been 2 MONTHS since my last blog entry!  Between work and being out of town, I have had an extremely packed (and exhausting) schedule since the beginning of March.  Finally, I am back to my regular schedule, doing my healthy grocery shopping, working out, getting my rest.

Unfortuantely, these last 2 months of craziness have been detrimental to my weight loss goals.  I stepped on the scale this morning and weighed in at a whopping 211.2!!!  I gained 9 pounds in 2 months!  Of course it is my own fault.  I have been eating on the run instead of preparing healthy meals.  I have not been working out, or getting enough sleep.  (I also got diagnosed with endometriosis and I've noticed that I have big gains on the weeks I take the meds.)

But enough is enough! It's gone too far!  I gotta to what I gotta do to follow my own advice and "keep it fresh"!  So I have joined a challenge on Youtube!

Greg Siegel, THESIEGSTER on YouTube, has a challenge that starts today, Monday April 19th.  It is  9 week challenge that ends the first day of summer! It is not a competition, it is a challenge to yourself, so YOU make up the rules! The object is to make a commitment to yourself, NO EXCUSES, for 9 weeks straight.

Here are my commitments*:
1- Weigh-in and Upload a Video weekly
2- Three "Couch to 5K" runs per week
3- At least 30 minutes of toning per week
4- Tweet everything I eat daily

(*See my Entry Video and my Starting Point video.)
I have already tweeted all my food for today. I will also be tweeting my workouts and video uploads. (Follow me and hold me accountable: @gozosa1980)

Let me know if you join the challenge!  Let's start the summer off right!

No comments:

Post a Comment