Sunday, March 13, 2011

FRESH FOODIE'S KITCHEN: Quick and Easy Vegetarian Nachos



Ingredients:

-"Meat" Mixture: Saute in extra virgin olive oil...
  • onion and bell pepper (saute thoroughly before adding crumbles)
  • Morning Star Sausage Crumbles (or meat sub of your choice)
  • cayenne pepper
-Preparing Nachos: Layer in this order....
  • Baked Tortilla chips (My favorite is Guiltless Gourmet brand spicy black bean flavor, but I can't find them anymore.)
  • Black beans
  • Collard Greens (Glory brand "sensibly seasoned" is my favorite kind)
  • "Meat" Mixture (from recipe above)
  • Shredded cheese mix (I usually use 2% mexican or taco blend)
  • Salsa of your choice (My favorite green salsa is Herdez brand salsa verde. My favorite Red salsa is Frontera brand Jalapeno Cilantro)
Microwave for 2-3 minutes and enjoy!

2 comments: