Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Food Focus: So Fresh and So Clean Clean...

October is off and running and I've already posted the details of my #Fall500 Fitness Challenge.  But if we've heard it once, we've heard it a thousand times: "You can't out-train a bad diet."  We hear it so much because it's true.

Look how excited I was this summer when I first read about the Eat-Clean Diet.  But last month I got off track with way too many cheat meals and not enough clean eats and my weight-loss and measurements hit a plateau. So during the month of October, my food challenge will highlight different aspects of eating clean to help me regain my focus.
Click here for Tosca Reno's Eat Clean Diet Nutrition Rules

Week One (October 1-7): #LeanNCleanProtein
Focus on eating 6 servings of lean proteins each day.  As a vegetarian, it is relatively easy to get in clean proteins, since my protein sources are not animal products, but meat-eater or vegetarian, everyone can focus on making leaner, cleaner protein choices. 

Here's Tosca's list of Eat-Clean Diet approved protein sources:





Week Two (October 8-15): #CleanNGreenSmoothie
I have really been wanting to start making smoothies again.  (I haven't even unpacked my blender from when I moved a year ago!)  But green smoothies are so convenient, filling and packed with nutrients, I decided to replace one meal a day with a green smoothie starting next week. 

But I need your help, since I have never made "green" smoothies (mine were more like strawberry-coconut milkshakes with a little spinach thrown in; very creamy and very pink.)  Email me your favorite simple green smoothie recipes (FreshFoodieFitness@gmail.com) or tag me (@gozosa1980) when you see a good one in an instagram post!

Week Three (October 16-24): #CleanCarbs
During the entire month of October, Tosca Reno and the Eat-Clean Diet Team are focusing on Clean Carbs with the #cleancarbs photo contest on instagram.  I will only choose clean carbs during week three.



Week Four (October 25-31): #NoCheatWeek
During the other weeks of this challenge, I will allow myself two small cheats (or one entire cheat meal) per week.  But #NoCheatWeek is entirely clean. Not even one complimentary butter mint, one pita chip or one sip of  a trenta green tea lemonade/no ice/one pump classic shall pass my lips.

If you decide to join me in any of these eat clean food focus challenges this month, don't forget to use the hashtags and/or tag me in your posts to instagram and twitter. Encouraging one another and sharing ideas is such a great way to keep it fresh!



XO,
Fresh Foodie
freshfoodiefitness on youtube
gozosa1980 on instagram and twitter
- Eat Clean Meals
- Eat Clean Grocery Hauls
- Eat Clean Vegetarian Recipes
- Crossfit WODs
- Crossfit 101: Terminology for Newbies
- Monthly Challenges (current challenge: #FALL500)
... and more!







No comments:

Post a Comment