Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Blogging the Jogging: Entry #3

COUCH TO 5K- WEEK ONE COMPLETE!!!

Well, I didn't exactly finish the whole thing in one week due to inclement weather and lack of access to a treadmill, but I did complete week one's three days.  It was one day a week for the last three weeks, but they are done nonetheless. 

I was able to get in an outdoor run before the first snow.  Then it wouldn't stop! Good thing my friend has a fitness center in her building, so when I went to visit her last week, I took my workout clothes and took advantage of one of the treadmills in her building to get in my second week one run.  As I mentioned in last week's update video, I ended up getting a 1 month pass to the local gym in the hopes that the weather will be better by the time a month is over, so I can do my jog/walks outdoors.  Yesterday I was finally able to do my last Couch to 5k week one run at the gym. 

I have to say, I am loving Carli's "Running into Shape" Couch to 5K podcasts so far.  They really help to take your mind off the stopwatch and focus on more important things, like breathing, pace and stride.  Plus, it's MY kinda music.  It keeps me motivated, keeps it fun.

I am feeling surprisingly good about the jogging.  Doing the Couch to 5k program actually makes training for a 5k seem realistic and fun. But I have to admit that I am very apprehensive about moving on to week 2.  During each walk/jog period I will be losing a minute of walking recovery time and gaining 30 seconds of jogging when compared to week one.  The program does say that you can take as many weeks as you need to complete a "week" on the program. I have a feeling I will be taking them up on that offer....

1 comment:

  1. I think you will surprise yourself. C25K is paced really well and most of the chalenges are mental hurdles.I just finished W6D2 today and feel very proud of myself. You have much to look forward to.

    ReplyDelete