Friday, January 22, 2010

Fresh Foodie Finds: Whole Foods Faves and a $1 Workout


Need something new to spice up your workouts? Can't afford the gym? Weather not cooperating? Try an inexpensive workout DVD from a local discount store. This one is from Dollar General. It was $1. And boy does it work!
~~~~

I love shopping at Whole Foods.  But buying groceries there is a rare treat for me, not only because they tend to be more pricey, but also because the closest Whole Foods is an hour away from my house (all you Trader Joes fans, the closest TJ is about 2 hours away). 

Below are a few of my favorite things to get when I shop Whole Foods.  I've included pictures of the front label so you can recognize it in the store.  I have also included the "Nutrition Facts" labels.  All of us look for different things when we look at the nutrition facts.  Some are watching their sodium, others their carbs, others their fat or calories.  This way, you can find out exactly what you want to know about the product.  


I hope these "finds" can help you "keep it fresh" by adding variety to your healthy diet. Let me know if you have any questions!

Enjoy!
Fresh Foodie :)









Also comes in Blueberry, Strawberry, Plain and Honey flavors.

I mix it with granola, nuts and dried cranberries for a quick and easy breakfast.


These Pretzel Crisps are "Everything" flavored. They also come in Plain, Garlic and other flavors. Tastes great with Hummus and other dips.


Also comes in Mango Green Tea and various Black Tea Flavors.
I sometimes put lime juice in the Mint and Honey for a Mojito flavor.

Whole Foods has a great variety of Organic and All Natural Salad Dressings.
This is cilantro and Mild Green Chile Flavor. Comes in Tomatillo, Chipotle, and other flavors.
See other flavors under "Try 'Em All" in the photo at left.

2 comments:

  1. You always do so much homework! Keep it up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for this blog.....I'm just getting started on my weight loss journey you make it seem easy, Pray for me LOL!!! my goal is 180 a have long way to go i weighed in at 295 I'm setting thirty pound intervals until i reach my goal, again thank you, Peace

    ReplyDelete