Thursday, September 6, 2012

August Challenge Results and #PlankADaySeptember

August was a crazy month for me.  I caught the worst summer chest cold I've had and it had the nerve to last over 2 weeks!  In the words of Sweet Brown: "Bronchitis. Ain't nobody got time fo'dat!"  In addition to being sick for half the month, I had way more cheat meals than I should have, I went on a weekend roadtrip to New York City and struggled with consistency and intensity in my workouts ALL MONTH LONG... But I did it.  I actually managed to eat clean (mostly), watch my portion sizes, get all my workouts in and see some results for my efforts.


My WODs.  I met my goal of 16 WODs for August.
Photos and Measurements
I did not weigh or measure for the entire month of August.  I like to focus on things I can control, like diet, exercise, rest, water intake, etc.  Your body composition changes so much; muscle, fat, and water percentages can make the scale do crazy things, so I try not to stress out too much about the scale.  But periodic weigh-ins, measurements and photos can help you see the progress that you don't notice day-to-day.  This month was a perfect example of that.  I thought for sure I had maintained this month and wouldn't see much of a difference. But I'm happy to say that the scale, the measuring tape and these photos have proved me wrong!
The change is subtle, but I see a difference!


Results from my September 1 weigh and measure:
(Since the end of the July Challenge)

Pounds lost: 5.6
Inches lost in each thigh: 0.5
Inches lost in hips: 1
Inches lost in bust: 1.5
Waist and Arm Measurements remained the same.

Totals so far:
(Since I started eating clean and doing CrossFit at the end of June)

Pounds lost: 10.2
Inches lost in right thigh: 1.5
Inches lost in left thigh: 2
Inches lost in hips: 1
Inches lost in bust: 1.5
Inches lost in waist: 1
Arm measurements remained the same.



3 Rep Push Press PR
I even ended the month on a great note! I had a new PR (personal record) for a 3-rep Push Press Max weight: 100 pounds!! (CLICK HERE FOR A 3-REP PUSH PRESS DEMONSTRATION)
My 100lb Push Press PR!


September Challenge: #PlankADaySeptember
This month I am adding a daily challenge to my basic clean eating and CrossFitting goals.  I have decided to try and improve my core strength by doing the "Plank-A-Day" Challenge.  I will be alternating between two types of planks: Straight-arm and Bent-arm.  I find the straight arm plank to be easier for me to hold.  The photos below show my starting points for each.  Check back in for my September results post to see how I have improved!  Everyone is invited to join in at any point and do any type of plank.  I will not be posting plank pictures every day to twitter and instagram, but when I do, I will hashtag them #PlankADaySeptember.  Do the same, so we can encourage and remind each other!
Bent-Arm Plank
Straight-Arm Plank
The fall weather is coming soon!  Great time to take your workout outdoors before the winter cold and early dark sets in. Try new foods, join a challenge, work toward a goal- do whatever it takes to keep it fresh!
XO,
Fresh Foodie

freshfoodiefitness on youtube
gozosa1980 on twitter and instagram






2 comments:

  1. Congrats! You are doing awesome! Starting tomorrow I will capture my planks on instagram with you! Yay!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! And looking forward to seeing your pics in with the #plankadayseptember crew!

    ReplyDelete