Thursday, September 13, 2012

Fresh Foodie's Kitchen: Kale and Goat Cheese Omelette


I am a Clean-Eating Vegetarian and I eat every 3 to 4 hours.  So I really make an effort to buy things that I can mix and match, grab and go.  But even when I do have time to prepare a meal in the kitchen, I want something that's fast and easy.  An omelette is a great source of protein, and it is so versatile and easy to make, I thought I'd share with you guys one of my favorite omelette recipes.

When it comes to eggs, I only eat the whites, so this is a egg white omelette, but you are welcome to make yours using the whole egg.


Ingredients:
- Oil of choice (I use Extra Virgin Olive Oil)
- Kale (Rainbow Kale is shown in the pictures, but I have used "regular" kale and it's delicious, too!)
- Egg whites (I use 3 whites, but you can adjust if you prefer to use whole eggs)
- Seasonings of choice ( I used Adobo and Pepper)

Step One:
Remove stems from kale and break into small pieces.
Saute in oil on medium heat.
Season with salt or adobo.

Step Two:
When Kale has reduced and turned a rich green, add egg whites in a circular motion to evenly cover the kale.

Step Three:
Add goat cheese and pepper.
Flip when egg is cooked to your tastes.  I like mine "Overhard".

Step Four:
Serve and enjoy!

Prep time:
approx. 7 min

Serves: 1

This is my favorite omelette.  What's yours? Leave me a comment below and tell me what ingredients you like to use to make your omelette your "signature" omelette!

XO,
Fresh Foodie


Freshfoodiefitness on YouTube
gozosa1980 on Twitter and Instagram

- Eat-Clean Grocery Hauls
- Eat-Clean Meals and snacks
- Crossfit WODs
- Monthly Challenges
- Progress Pictures
- Cheat Meals 
and more!






No comments:

Post a Comment