Tuesday, December 1, 2009

7 Day Kickstart Challenge- Day 2

Day 2- Tuesday

I am feeling great today. I am feeling positive, optimistic, energetic, in control...dare I say it...happy. I honestly believe that after 7 days of doing this challenge, it doesn't matter what the scale says; I will be a success. Not only for getting back on track with my healthier lifestyle, but for taking control and fighting back as hard as I can against my Seasonal Depression. I know that I can't just make it go away with a couple of salads and a walk in the park, but at least don't feel quite as helpless and hopeless when I know I am doing all I can to minimize its effects.

I've been trying to set smaller goals to give myself something to look forward to and help keep me in line during these winter months. For one thing, I am less than 9 pounds away from "ONEderland". I have to admit, when I was first introduced to the phrase I rolled my eyes and swore to never call it that. But the closer I get the more anxious I am to get there. There is this part of me that is yearning to be able to say, "I've lost over 20 pounds, I weigh ONE...." Oh it's been so long since I have been there and I am longing to get back. This challenge is designed to remind me to stay focused and do what it takes to get there, and beyond.

TODAY'S WORKOUT
Today I met my friend at the park after work and we walked together for 40 minutes. Not that I don't have some great tunes in my mp3 player, but it's nice to have the company and the conversation every once in a while...





WHAT I ATE


Breakfast-

Organic Greek Yogurt and Granola with cashews and dried cranberries, Green Juice, Constant Comment Tea


Snack-

Reduced fat Colby Jack Cheese and Wasa Crackers (only ate half the amount of cheese and crackers shown here), Apple, Orange

Lunch-

Subway 6' Toasted Ham and Cheese, chips and salsa, Romaine and Spinach Salad

Dinner-

French Toast (made with 2 eggs, skim milk, Ezekiel bread), Syrup, Decaf Vanilla Hazelnut Tea

Plus 100 oz of water!

I also went to bed on time last night, so I'm off to a good start! :)

See you tomorrow :)

No comments:

Post a Comment