Friday, December 4, 2009

7 Day Kickstart Challenge- Day 5

DAY 5- Friday

Everyday vloggers, this idea was genius. I have not changed anything about my plan. I have not decided to workout everyday, or eliminate major food groups from my diet. I don't even weigh-in everyday. All I have decided to do is show the world what I am doing on a daily basis, and it really helps keep me on track. I feel so successful and happy with how I have done so far.

But this is about the time of the week when I start to feel a slight panic about what the scale will say come Monday morning. I have a night out with the girls tonight and ahead of me; the dieter's nightmare: the unpredictable weekend. How will that effect my progress? Have I even made progress? Should my progress be measured only by the number on the scale? All of these questions run thru my head when the weekend approaches.

Part of the idea of my five factor approach to weight loss is that I only have control over four of the factors. I can control my diet, exercise, water intake and the amount of rest I get. But it's that fifth factor that I use to measure my long term goals. Despite that, I need to remind myself of the fact that no matter what the scale reads come Monday morning, this Kickstart Challenge has already been a success. I have regained my focus, improved my mood, treated my body well. I feel strong, optimistic and, believe it or not, even a little bit slimmer.

Here's what I ate:

BREAKFAST
Organic Natural Peanut Butter on Ezekiel Raisin Bread and Green Juice
(not almond milk as shown)

SNACK
Wasa Crackers, 2% Colby Jack, Apple, Orange

LUNCH
Romaine Salad with Almonds, Dried Cranberries, Feta Cheese and Soy Ginger Dressing.

DINNER- TREAT MEAL!! :) At a Cuban restaurant. ohhhh my, was this delicious......
(Sorry about the lighting, it was dark in there and my flash was too harsh)
Appetizer
Cup of Cuban Chicken Soup
Entree
Lechon (Slow Roasted Pork); Arroz Congris (Black Beans and Rice); Maduros (Ripe Cooked Plantain Slices)
Dessert
Tiramisu (1/2 of shown) and Cuban Hot Chocolate
Workout- Today is a rest day from working out, but I got a bonus 20 min workout in busting my moves on the dance floor.

WATER- 120 oz

Here's the link to the Day 5 Vlog http://www.youtube.com/freshfoodiefitness

See you tomorrow!!! :-)

2 comments:

  1. all the food looks great, what is in your green juice and do you have a recipe for it? keep up the great work !!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks!

    I don't make it, I buy a large bottle of Boathouse Farms Green Goodness and drink 6-8 oz.

    ReplyDelete