Saturday, December 5, 2009

7 Day Kickstart Challenge Day 6



DAY 6- Saturday

Despite how much I dread the winter, I absolutely love winter clothes. Colorful hats and scarves, fashionable coats and high-heeled boots are so much fun to wear. (Besides, they work wonders for a girl's figure.) I had another great day, despite the cold, wet, rainyness outside. Since I had to be out in it today, I decided to dress in colors to offset the grey landscape.

Bonus: I had my first weight-loss related compliment today. My next door neighbor asked me how I've lost weight and how much I've lost. When I told her I'd lost about 12 pounds so far, she looked amazed. "Looks like so much more," she said. "you really look great."
It was so nice to see that someone had actually noticed the results of all my hard work these last 4 months. 12 pounds in 4 months may seem like a little to many people, but I worked hard for each and every one of those pounds. I am proud of what I have accomplished so far. Plus, I feel great knowing that I have the tools I need to succeed. It gives me the boost of confidence that I need to reach my goals.

Here's what I ate:

BREAKFAST

Organic Greek Yogurt with Low fat granola and Almond Milk
(not green juice and tea as shown)

SNACK
Wasa crackers, 2% colby jack, apple and orange

LUNCH
Grilled Tilapia and Cheese (made with 2% Colby Jack Cheese and Whole Wheat Sandwich Thins) and Romaine salad with walnuts, goat cheese and craisins
DINNER-Pizza Night at a friend's house.
Unfortunately I got to Dinner 3 1/2 hours late, only to find the menu had been changed to pizza.
2 slices of Domino's Pepperoni Pizza (blotted the grease as much as possible)
One very small sliver of a Butterscotch Pumpkin Pie that I took to the party

WORKOUT
Turbo Jam (20 min) and Turbo Sculpt (40 min) in honor of Twitter's #turbothon day!!!

WATER- 110 oz
I have not been home in time to make my rest goal the past few nights, but I have been out living life and I know that's just what I've been needing to beat these winter blues!
See you tomorrow!! :D

3 comments:

  1. won't save my changes to the spacing again. sorry guys. don't know why it does that...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think that your weightloss is awesome !! and I also think that is the kind of weightloss that will last because you have worked hard for it and it was more'natural', slow and steady does really win !!
    keep up the great work. you have inspired me to try turbo jam too.
    have a great week

    ReplyDelete
  3. thank you so much! you have no idea how much your comment means to me!

    i am trying to reach 180 by the end of august and comments like this help me hang in there when the losing seems slow.

    sometimes i need to remember that this isn't a temporary diet, it's something i plan to do for the rest of my life, goal weight and beyond!

    thanks so much for reading my blog! the few that do really help keep me writing and i know it's helping me stay on track!

    ReplyDelete